8 days Tour in the South of Morocco
8 days Tour in the South of Morocco, in the Atlas mountains and the Sahara
A fantastic experience for the nature lovers.
During this tour we visit with local French and English speaking Berber guides through the most Southern edge of the Atlas, some beuatiful villages and the Sahara. We also get to know the Berber culture. You will be amazed by the contrast in het landscape. We walk between the dry mineral mountains and the lush greenery on the edge of the river. This part of the Atlas has long remained beyond modern times and you will spontaneously experience the richness of the Berber culture.
Program day by day:
After arrival at the airport of Marrakech of Ouarzazate we spend the first night in a hotel in Ouarzazate.
After breakfast in the hotel we visit Ben-Aït-Haddou (Unesco protects), a old Kasbah and a beautiful Oasis close to Ouarzazate.
After breakfast at the hotel we go by jeep to the beautiful M’Goun valley.
The area is a labyrint of valleys and gorges where agriculture the main activity is. On the edge of the fields and gardens, countless rose bushes have been planted for use in the perfume industry. Morocco is one of the main suppliers of rose water to the French industry.
We have luch in a little village, Kalaa M’ Gouna. It is possible to do some walking tours in the valley.
We spend the day in the M’Goun valley for walking tours in the valley.
After breakfast we go to Zagora, in the South. This is a village near de Sahara. We visit a small Berber village, we stay there for 1 day. It is also possible to stay with a Berberfamily during lunch and dinner.
Overnight in a small tent in the Berbervillage.
The next day we go to the fantastic Erg Chegaga dunes. We have a ride on a dromedary at sunset.
We stay in a amazing large tent camp for the night.
We visit a pottery village: Tamegroute, we return to Ouarzazate.
Overnight we stay in a hotel in Ouarzazate.
Flight back home from Ouarzazate or Marrakech.
Price per person: 100 euro/day
- French and English speaking Berber guides.
- 3 nights with breakfast in a hotel in Ouarzazate.
- 2 nights with breakfast in a hotel in Kalaa M’Gouna.
- 1 night in a small tent in the Berbervillage.
- 1 night in a large tent camp near Erg Chegaga dune.
- Transport from airport to hotel, upon arrival in Marrakech there will be an additional charge.
- Transport with a jeep during the vacation.
- All meals during the vacation.
- Airline ticket
- Travel insurance
- Additional drinks in hotel
- Travel wishes that deviate from the planned program
- Dinner last day in Ouarzazate
- The vacation can take place from March to November.
- You can pay for this vacation in euro/dollars or Dirhams
Why Berber Morocco Tours?
- We offer a variety of trips and activities within different parts of Morocco suited to your tastes and needs.