8 Days holiday of which 5 days hiking
8 Days holiday of which 5 days hiking in the foothills of the Atlas Mountains to the Erg Chegaga dunes in the Sahara South East of Zagora in Morocco
This trekking is a fantastic experience for nature lovers, 1 day walking in the Atlas Mountains and then continuing the trekking in the Sahara to the Erg Chegaga dunes.
During this tour we walk with local French and English speaking Berber guides through the most beautiful areas on the southern edge of the Atlas. We also get to know the Berber culture. We visit Berber villages where there are no other tourists.
You will be amazed by the contrasts in the landscape.
Program day by day:
- Day 1:
Arrival in Ouarzazate or Marrakech
Transport with jeeps to the hotel in Ouarzazate.
Dinner and overnight at a hotel in Ouarzazate.
- Day 2:
After breakfast at the hotel, drive by jeep through the Atlas Mountains to the region south of Zagora (about 2,5 hours). Visit to a Berber village. Acquainted with their farm. Lunch with a Berber family.
In the late afternoon continue with jeeps (1,5 hours) to the foothills of the Atlas Mountains.
Dinner and night in small tents near Montange Favia.
- Day 3 – 6:
Walking in the desert, with many changing panoramas towards the Erg Chegaga dunes. We walk along the dunes: Erg Sedra, Oued Naam and Iggy Lidoudi. The last camp site is near Oulad Driss.
- Day 7:
Return journey by jeep to Ouarzazate, visiting the pottery village of Tamegroute on the way back.
Lunch en route in Zagora and dinner in Ouarzazate.
Overnight in hotel in Ouarzazate.
- Day 8:
- Day 8:
- Day 8:
Transport to the airport and return flight.
Price per person: 90 €/$ or 950 Moroccan Dirhams/day.
- French and English speaking Berber guides.
- Small tent for 5 nighs with mattress and blankets in the Sahara.
- Dromedaries that carry all the luggage during the trek or to rest on during the walks.
- All necessities for all meals and kitchen staff.
- All meals (breakfast, luch, dinner), including water, tea, coffe, nuts and fruit during the walks.
- 2 nights with breakfast in a hotel in Ouarzazate.
- Transport from airport to hotel, upon arrival in Marrakecht here will be an additional charge.
- Not included:
- Airline ticket
- Travel insurance
- Tip for the desert guides
- Dromedary guides and kitchen staff
- Additional drinks in hotel
- Travel wishes that deviate from the planned program
- Dinner last day in Ouarzazate
Additional information:The trekking in the Sahara can take place from September to June.
The daily walks, 4 to 6 hours, average distance per day: 15/18 km.
Difficulty evel: medium.
Why Berber Morocco Tours?
- We offer a variety of trips and activities within different parts of Morocco suited to your tastes and needs.